Saturday, March 3, 2007

Some online resources for attorneys (and maybe non-lawyers, too)

Let me say that if you are an attorney and online, then you need to subscribe to Tom Mighell's Inter Alia blog. You can subscribe via e-mail or RSS. The e-mails come weekly. Why is this a blog to subscribe to? He highlights law blogs and sites for lawyers. If you are interested in what is going on in the wider world, this is a good way to keep track.

I also mention Inter Alia because through it I learned of the Reasonable Basis Blog. This blog emphasizes consumer protection and advertising law, but it also appears to highlight Federal Trade Commission actions. Since I have an interest in the FTC, I am going to keep an eye on this one.

Reasonable Basis lead me to Eric Goldman's Technology and Marketing Blog and The UCL Practitioner. Goldman's blog seems to concentrate on e-commerce/online issues. I liked what I saw. UCL Practitioner writes on California's unfair competition law. I like the style of both blogs and how they write.

Finally, one that is on my newsreader list but not on my blogroll - Adams Drafting. Tips, criticism, on contract drafting and well worth reading. Here is Adams' background - he has been in the trenches (albeit somewhat a somewhat rarefied one).