Saturday, April 7, 2007

Vonage follow up

Today The Washington Post reports that Vonage got a reprieve - of sorts. Which makes me wonder about something I experienced yesterday morning - no phone service till afternoon. I am not very happy. I still have no idea what happened because I was not able to get onto the Vonage website all day. Anyway, here is the news from the Post:

U.S. District Judge Claude Hilton ruled yesterday morning that Vonage could no longer acquire new customers but would be permitted to maintain service to its existing 2.2 million customers. Vonage's lawyers argued that even that partial injunction would doom the company because it would be prevented from compensating for the customary defections of customers in the highly competitive telephone market. That ruling was scheduled to take effect next week.