Saturday, November 3, 2007

Accountants and small businesses

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement from The Small Business Blog:

"Choosing an accountant/CPA is probably one of the most important decisions to get right, because you are unlikely to have an accountant’s grasp of * taxation * company law * dealing with the tax authorities * wide range of knowledge about small business. You need to make sure you find an accountant/CPA who concentrates on small business and start-up business, like SOHO-, SME, SMB-, Micro-, Lifestyle-, Home-, DIY-, Hobby-, Boomer- or Personal business, like professional, contractors, freelancer, self-employed, sole-trader and virtual assistants before you make any appointments."

The post is titled Q & A: What questions should I ask my accountant before I start my business?. I like what see I about this Small Business Blog. I suggest that if you are starting a new business that you give it a look. No, it is not another lawyer blog.

I advise everyone starting a new business to get an accountant and a lawyer (I bet everyone saw that last one coming). Between legal issues and tax issues, a new business can easily lose its way. Get a CPA and an attorney on board at the beginning to help keep the business going.

If you looking to start a business in Indiana or have a new Indiana business, feel free to contact me about my services.