Sunday, November 25, 2007

Good Business Advice from MyBizBroker

While checking out My BizBroker yesterday and think I found some very good advice for anyone starting a small business in Ready or Not. I am fully aware how often my goals remain outside of my grasp - the constant struggle to get work done, get new work in distract from the broader goals of my practice. I am sure that happens in other small businesses. Still, this kind of advice needs to be kept in mind:

"I’m always looking out for what the gurus call Best Practices. Basically, Best Practices are the most used or adopted ways of performing a job that works out the best for all parties. What would Worst Practice be? That could be summed up as simply not caring about customers or just doing business only for the benefit of your self. So, with that in mind, I’m recommending that from now on all small business startups utilize this Best Practice idea: When you are planning for your business, you should always start with the end in mind. By implementing this into your business, your company will be able to operate with or without you. With this idea in place, you will be able to sell your business when you are ready. As simple as it sounds, most don’t do this and the results can be bad; real bad when you can’t choose your time to sell…"