Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Online Resources: ADAWatch.org

What I think of the federal Americans with Disabilities Act will probably disappoint everyone. That I think the ADA serves a good purpose will annoy employers. That I also think that the ADA does little to help those facing employment discrimination will upset its advocates. My reasoning is that the United Supreme Court eviscerated the ADA many years ago and nothing has been done to fix it. Which is the reason I no longer take on plaintiff's work under the ADA.

Nevertheless, I see the ADA as aiding people who want to work against irrational employers (and what is discrimination but irrationality when faced with a capable and willing employee that one does not want to hire because of a disability?). Which is why I want to mention ADAWatch.org:

ADA Watch is a project of the National Coalition for Disability Rights (NCDR), a nonprofit alliance of hundreds of disability, civil rights, and social justice organizations united to defend and strengthen disability rights.