Thursday, April 24, 2008

Virtual Worlds - Virtual Law?

Going a bit afield for this post, but I decided while reading Virtually Blind's Blawg Review #156 that the future is here. I read William Gibson's cyber-punk novels a long time ago and some of the ideas and news discussed in the blog post seem very familiar. Ten years or so after the dot com bust, I am just as leery as anyone the transforming powers of the Internet. Okay, maybe I am not as leery as some because I do see the potential for business and for trouble in the virtual world. If I did not see this potential for business, I would not highly recommend reading the post from Virtually Blind and adding the blog to your RSS reader.

You may also want to take a look at Second Life DMCA Statement Raises Question: Does Provider Expeditiously Remove Infringing Material?.