Friday, May 4, 2007

Sites to check out: franchising and bankruptcy

Finding information on franchising is not all that easy. For technical information, nothing beats the FTC site. Franchising news, however, gets trickier. Some sites are just about drawing in potential franchisors and franchisees. Now I have found Blue MauMau and I think it hits all the marks for a franchising news site. Anyone with any interest in franchising should check it out.

I no longer have a consumer bankruptcy practice and for any insolvent businesses I am suggesting state law alternatives . Why? Because I detest the 2005 bankruptcy amendments. However, I still like to keep an eye on what is going on under the new law. I still think that any case involving money means taking bankruptcy into consideration and I am keeping up the creditor side of my bankruptcy practice. So far I have been quite taken with the blog Credit Slips. Credit Slips is a blog written by a group of law professors. Quite a lively read and one I would suggest for others to read.